- A Short Summary of Regulation A – A two-page summary of the law
- Regulation A Primer – A more extensive, plain-English explanation
- Regulation A Timeline – A chart showing who needs to be involved, what needs to be done, and how long it takes
- Amendments and Supplements in a Regulation A Offering – Changes reported on Form 1-U, amendments, supplements and more
- Assembling the Team for a Regulation A Offering – A list of team members, with approximate costs
- Filing Financial Statements and Other Reports Under Regulation A – Making sense of the complicated rules for filing financial statements and other reports.
- Write Your Regulation A Offering Circular with Advertising in Mind – Make your lawyer speak with your marketing team and vice versa, even though they speak different languages.
- Rule 10b-5: The Hidden Disclosure Requirement in Regulation A – Preparing a Regulation A Offering Circular is as much an art as a science.
- Regulation A: What Country Do You See When You Wake Up? – What it means for a company to have its principal place of business in the U.S. or Canada.
- Amendments and Supplements in a Regulation A Offering – Do you have to file something with the SEC? If so, what and how?
Regulation A Updates & News
- The Crowdfunding Bad Actor Rules Don’t Apply To InvestorsIt’s ok if your Crowdfunding investors are bad actors
- The SEC Can Stop Your Regulation A Offering At Any TimeThe SEC has two powerful tools to stop your Regulation A offering anytime. Rule 258 Rule 258 allows the SEC to immediately suspend an offering if …
Continue reading The SEC Can Stop Your Regulation A Offering At Any Time
- List OF Accredited Investors for PPMsEvery Private Placement Memorandum includes a list of accredited investors, summarizing 17 CFR §230.501(a). With the new definitions coming into effect on December 8th, I thought …
- Why Everyone Benefits from the SEC’s New Crowdfunding RulesTo the delight of both issuers and investors, the SEC continues to make crowdfunding better as they have announced major changes to their crowdfunding rules. In …
Continue reading Why Everyone Benefits from the SEC’s New Crowdfunding Rules
- Beneficiary Designations by Crowdfunding Issuers and PortalsSome Crowdfunding portals and issuers allow investors to designate a beneficiary, i.e., a person who will take ownership of the security (the LLC interest, debt instrument, …
Continue reading Beneficiary Designations by Crowdfunding Issuers and Portals
- SEC Proposes Limited Exemptions For “Finders”In theory, only broker-dealers registered under section 15 of the Exchange Act are allowed to receive compensation for connecting issuers with investors. In practice, the world …
Continue reading SEC Proposes Limited Exemptions For “Finders”
- Two Reasons Why Every Title II Portal Should Add A Title III PortalIf you operate a Title II Crowdfunding platform, whether Rule 506(c) or Rule 506(b), you should add the functionality for Title III. Two reasons: It will …
Continue reading Two Reasons Why Every Title II Portal Should Add A Title III Portal
- PODCAST: Is the SEC Democratizing Investment?Democratizing investment. A huge step forward. My guest today is Mark Roderick, founder of Lex Nova Law and one of the top online crowdfunding experts in …
Continue reading PODCAST: Is the SEC Democratizing Investment?
- Write Your Regulation A Offering Circular With Advertising In MindToo many issuers think of the Regulation A Offering Circular as just a dry legal document between the SEC and the lawyers. It should be more …
Continue reading Write Your Regulation A Offering Circular With Advertising In Mind
- Rule 10b-5: The Hidden Disclosure Requirement In Regulation APreparing a Regulation A Offering Circular is as much an art as a science. An issuer offering securities using Regulation A can choose from several disclosure …
Continue reading Rule 10b-5: The Hidden Disclosure Requirement In Regulation A
Regulation A Webinar
In this one hour webinar with Howard Marks of StartEngine from September 26, 2016, we give an overview of Regulation A for issuers, investors, and portals.