Crowdfunding continues to grow in popularity. It is a way to democratize the world of real estate investing, which historically has only been open to super-wealthy Americans. Its growth and positive outcomes have led to several changes being made in the space. Mark Roderick, our guest today, joins us to unpack these developments and the positive influence that they will have on real estate investing. In this episode, Mark presents an overview of the current crowdfunding space.
Title III Crowdfunding Changes with Mark Roderick
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Mark and his expertise as a crowdfunding attorney
- An overview of the crowdfunding basics and the difference between Title II, III, and IV.
- Find out about some of the excellent changes the SEC has made related to crowdfunding.
- How broker-dealers with a wide product mix make real estate accessible to more people.
- ‘Title’ refers to the different types of crowdfunding as per the JOBS Act of 2012.
- Why the Title III changes will make it easier to syndicate, even if you’re not a broker-dealer.
- An explanation of what a funding portal is and the simple steps to set one up.
- Learn about some of the drawbacks of establishing a funding portal.
- Some of the changes Mark expects will happen with Title III advertising.
- Other changes that the SEC has made around crowdfunding.
- How Mark gives back and where you can get hold of him.